Pursuing a career in the construction field? Study at home for your Rhode Island Electrical License (Master/Journeyman) with our fully online, easy to take, and self-paced course.
About This License
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand and power tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.