Requirements to Obtaining your License
- This exam is required to be passed to obtain an Electrical Contractor or Residential Electrical Contractor License
- Pre-approval is required from the state before sitting for the examination.
- To contact the state, please call 1-405-271-5217.
- The exam has 50 questions and a time limit of 120 minutes
- A score of 75% (38 questions correct) is needed to pass.
- The exam fee is $88. If you are sitting for the trade exam and the business law exam in the same session, the fee for both parts combined is $88.
- Topics include: Business Management, Estimating and Bidding, Contracts and Agreements, Project Management, Insurance and Bonding, Safety Record keeping and Reporting, Labor Laws and Employment Regulations, Financial Management, Tax Laws, Liens, Environmental Laws and Regulations
- To schedule an examination, contact PSI Examination services at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Contractor's Guide to Business, Law, and Project Management, Basic Edition
- Oklahoma Electrical Industry Regulations
- Oklahoma Fine Schedule of the Construction Industries Board
- Oklahoma Workers' Compensation Act
- Oklahoma Electrical License Act
- Oklahoma Rule of the Workers' Compensation Court, Chapter 4 Appendix
- Oklahoma Lien Law
Exam Review, Training, Education
We offer review for the Oklahoma Business and Law exam through online practice tests. Our practice tests include over 245 questions and are designed to be the best and most efficient way to prepare you for your business and law examination. Each time you take the practice test, the questions our randomly generated from our database so you never see the same test twice. For more information on our online class, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910 or click here to enroll.
Online Class Price: $69