Nevada Residential and Small Commercial Contractor License - B-2

Pursuing a career in the construction field? Study at home for your Nevada Residential and Small Commercial Contractor License - B-2 with our fully online, easy to take, and self-paced course.

Nevada Residential and Small Commercial Contractor License - B-2
Steps to Success

1. Obtain pre-approval from the State to exam.
2. Purchase Books.
3. Schedule and pass your state exams.
4. Submit your application and licensing fee.

Exam Review Option Includes
Practice Tests
Highlighting Guides
Test Taking Tips
Instructor Support
iOS/Android Tablet and Smartphone Compatible
1 Year of Access

Course Fee: $199.99


Our training is written by Subject Matter Experts and built by Instructional Designers.

No Pass, No Pay

If you are not able to pass your exam on the SECOND attempt, we will refund your course fee. Conditions do apply.

Flexible & Self Paced

Simply login and out as needed. We track your progress.

Mobile Compatible

Our training is built on HTML5 - so you can take it with on your tablet or smartphone.

Lowest Price

We will beat ANY price by 10% for a similar program.

Requirements to Obtaining your License

  • To become a licensed contractor in Nevada, applicants must sit for two exams: Contractor Management Survey and the trade.
  • All applicants must submit current financial statements to the state licensing board. Monetary limits are set based on financial standing. If seeking a financial limit less than $1,000,000 the statement must be either prepared by a certified public accountant, self-prepared on a form prescribed by the Board, or prepared using accounting software and accompanied by an affidavit.
  • When seeking a monetary limit of $1,000,000 or more, the financial statement must be reviewed and audited by a CPA.
  • FOUR YEARS of experience as a journeyman, foreman, supervising employee or contractor in the field of work fr which a license is being sought. The four years must have occurred within the previous 10 years.
  • A LICENSE BOND is required for each new license. This can range from $1,000 - $500,000. The Board will establish the amount for you.
  • Workers compensation insurance (or proof of exemption) is also required.

Exam Review, Training, Education

We offer review for the Nevada Residential and Small Commercial Contractor License - B-2 exam in home study/tutorial format. The fee for the online class is $199. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion. The program narrated and animated. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.

Books and References for the Exam

  • 2012 International Residential Code (permitted to be used during the exam)
  • 2012 International Building Code (permitted to be used during the exam)
  • ACI 318-14 (permitted to be used during the exam)
  • Code of Federal Regulations, OSHA
  • Carpentry and Building Construction
  • Contractor Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
  • Gypsum Construction Handbook
  • Modern Masonry
  • Pipe and Excavation Contracting
  • Guide to Good Practice for handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
  • Nevada One Call (Available to print online)

Exam Details

  • The Nevada Residential and Small Commercial Contractor License - B-2 has 80 questions and a time limit of 3 hours.
  • A 70% is required to pass.
  • Topics on the exam include sitework, concrete, masonry; carpentry; doors and windows; metals; drywall and finishes; thermal and moisture protection; general code; plan reading and estimating; Nevada One-Call; and OSHA safety.
  • The fee for the exam is $85 for the first portion or $130 when taking two exams (Business Law and Trade) and a 70% is required to pass. To schedule your exams (after you are approved), contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.

Continuing Education

Not required at this time.

Applying to Get Your License

An application for licensure must be obtained from the Board for Licensing Contractors by calling 1-775-688-1141.

The application must include:

  • Includes a $300 non-refundable application fee. (A $600 biennial license fee will be required after approval of your application before your license can be issued.)
  • Make sure to include four reference certificates to support your experience.
  • A detailed “Resume of Experience” that outlines your past work experience and educational background, if you are relying on education to fulfill part of the experience requirement

Reciprocity Agreement

Nevada has limited reciprocal agreements with California, Arizona and Utah that recognize the experience qualifications for certain trades and may eliminate the requirement for a trade examination. Plumbing, Electrical and Fire Protection are excluded from the agreements.

  More Details