Nevada Plumbing Contractor (C-1D)

This exam is required to be passed to obtain your State license. We stock all reference books in our online store. Shipping is always fast and affordable.

Nevada Plumbing Contractor (C-1D)
Steps to Success

1. Register and pass your State Exams.
2. Submit affidavit form,licensing fee, and application to the State.

Features and Benefits:
Rapid Shipping
Sales & Support
Best Pricing
Hassle-Free Returns

About this License

The installation and maintenance of: (1) Material and fixtures to create sanitary conditions in buildings by providing a permanent means for a supply of safe water and any sanitary waste and vent systems that are required to ensure the appropriate removal of waste from these buildings; (2) Drainage systems for roofs; (3) Hydronic heating systems not exceeding 200,000 British thermal units; (4) Systems of landscape irrigation; (5) Systems to heat potable water, including, without limitation, solar equipment; (6) A permanent means to supply gas for residential and industrial purposes; and (7) Pipes for compressed air, vacuums and gases for medical use. In addition to any work specified in this paragraph, a person who holds a sub-classification C-1d license may install piping for water and gas beginning at the edge of a building and ending at the utility meter for that building.

Requirements to Obtaining your License

  • To qualify to become a licensed contractor you must have the experience and skills necessary to manage the daily activities of a construction business, including field supervision. Or, you must be represented by someone else with the necessary experience and skills, who serves as your qualifying individual.
  • You must have at least four years of experience to qualify. Credit for experience is given only for experience at a journeyman level or as a foreman, supervising employee or contractor. 
  • The contractor or other person who will act as the qualifying individual must have had, within the ten years immediately before the filing of the application, at least four full years of experience at a journeyman level, or as a foreman, supervisor, or contractor in the classification for which you are applying.
  • You must submit a current financial statement (statement) with the application.
  • Each contractor's license issued in the State of Nevada requires a license bond. The Nevada State Contractors Board determines the amount of the bond at the time of license approval.  The bond can vary in amount from $1,000 to $500,000. When determining the amount of bond required, the Board will consider the type of license requested, monetary limit granted, past, present or future financial responsibility, experience, and character of the applicant.

Exam Review, Training, Education

As of this time, we do not offer review for this program.

Books and References for the Exam

The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.

  • 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
  • 2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
  • NFPA 54, 2012
  • NFPA 58, 2014

The following reference materials are NOT allowed in the examination.

  • Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
  • OSHA
  • Modern Hydronic Heating for Residential and Light Commercial Buildings
  • Solar Water and Pool Heating Design and Installation Manual
  • Pipefitter's Handbook
  • Pipe Welding Procedures

Exam Details

  • The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
  • 80 questions and 3 hour time limit
  • 70% is required to pass the exam
  • Topics on the exam include gas systems, cleanouts, fixtures and equipment, hydronics, water heaters/venting, piping, hangers and supports, drain, waste, vents, backflow, safety, solar, general plumbing requirements, and storm drainage.

Continuing Education

As of this time, there is no continuing education for this license.

Applying to Get Your License

Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board.

Reciprocity Agreement

There are some limited agreements with Arizona, California, and Utah. This applies to trade examinations only. Contact the Nevada State Contractors Board for more information.