The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor's bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- NFPA 31: Standard for the Installation of Oil Burning Equipment
- NFPA 54 National Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 56: Standard for Fire and Explosion Prevention
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards
- ACCA Ductulator
- NFPA 58
- During Cleaning and Purging of Flammable Gas Piping Systems Current Edition
The examination also pulls questions from the following references. However, these references are NOT permitted to be taken into the exam.
- Modern Hydronic Heating For Residential and Light Commercial Buildings
- Residential Oil Burners
- Steam Plant Operation
The following References are used ONLY on the Unlimited Contractor exam. They are permitted to be used during the examination.
- Manual N, Commercial Load Calculations