The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor's bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- NFPA 31: Standard for the Installation of Oil Burning Equipment
- NFPA 54 National Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 56: Standard for Fire and Explosion Prevention
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards
- ACCA Ductulator
- NFPA 58
- During Cleaning and Purging of Flammable Gas Piping Systems Current Edition
- NFPA 56 Current Edition
The examination also pulls questions from the following references. However, these references are NOT permitted to be taken into the exam.
- Modern Hydronic Heating For Residential and Light Commercial Buildings
- Residential Oil Burners
- Steam Plant Operation
The following References are used ONLY on the Unlimited Contractor exam. They are permitted to be used during the examination.
- Manual N, Commercial Load Calculations