Requirements to Obtaining your License
To become a licensed contractor in Connecticut, applicants must sit for two exams: business and law and the trade.
- The Connecticut Business and Law Exam has 50 questions and a time limit of 2 hours.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include licensing; estimating and bidding; lien law; financial management; tax laws; labor laws; project management; contracts; risk management; and environment and safety.
- The fee for the exam is $62. To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Connecticut Business and Project Management for Contractors
Exam Review, Training, Education
We offer review for the Connecticut Business and Law exam through online practice tests. Our practice tests include over 300 questions and are designed to be the best and most efficient way to prepare you for your business and law examination. Each time you take the practice test, the questions our randomly generated from our database so you never see the same test twice. For more information on our online class, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910 or click here to enroll.
Online Class Price: $69