Requirements to Obtaining your License
- Pre-approval is required from the board before sitting for the exam
Work that can be Done Under this License
- Commercial Contractors Licenseallows any person, firm, or other organization for a price, wage or fee, to attempt to or submit bids to construct, contract, or undertake to contract or manage the construction, erection, alteration, repair any building, apartment, condominium, highway or other structure on private or public property except for single-family residences.
Residential Contractors Licenseallows any person, firm, or other organization for a price, wage or fee, to attempt to or submit bids to construct, contract, or undertake to contract or manage the construction of a single family residence.
Applying to get your License
Applications for licensure can be obtained by contacting the Arkansas Contractors Licensing Board at 1-501-372-4661. Applications are normally processed shortly.
The license fee is $100.00.
Reciprocity is considered on a case by case basis.
Continuing EducationThere are no requirements for continuing education as of this time..
- The examination fee is $35 for the paper-pencil exam or $75 for the computerized exam
- The examination has 50 questions and a time limit of 2 hours.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include business organization, licensing, estimating and bidding, contract management, project management, insurance and bonding, OSHA record-keeping, personnel regulations, financial management, tax laws, lien laws.
- To schedule your exams, contact Prometric at at 1-800-462-8669 .
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the Arkansas examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractors bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- Arkansas Guide to Business Law and Project Management
Exam Review, Training, Education
We offer review for the Arkansas Contractor Business and Law exam through online practice tests. Our practice tests include over 300 questions and are designed to be the best and most efficient way to prepare you for your business and law examination. Each time you take the practice test, the questions our randomly generated from our database so you never see the same test twice. For more information on our online class, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910 or click here to enroll.